EMM has a very positive culture with a great team spirit.
We work with peoples’ qualifications, experience, strengths and interests to help them realise their professional potential.
EMM offers excellent professional development opportunities. These include working on high-profile projects of state significance across different industries; core internal training modules tailored to consulting and business; and support for external training courses, conference attendance and presentations.
We offer competitive salaries that reflect both market conditions and the skills we need to remain at the forefront of our industry. We recognise and reward individuals for the contributions they make.
We are always interested in hearing from professionals whose values match EMM’s. If you are looking to be part of environmental and planning company that is committed to creating opportunities for its people, clients and the community, then please send through a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Find out more about our commitment to our commitment to our people here.
Current opportunities available
Water Resources Engineer
EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane and Adelaide.
Our team is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to service our clients, we have an opportunity for a Water Resources Engineer, to join our expanding Water team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a team working on a range of projects including environmental impact assessments, preparation of environmental management plans, compliance audits, water balances, flood modelling, water quality investigations and civil design of water infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development, agriculture and government sectors.
This role will be based in either Newcastle or Sydney. Whilst the role will be based in NSW, there will be opportunities to work on interstate and international projects (Asia Pacific).
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following:
- a degree in civil or environmental engineering or environmental science;
- two to six years of technical surface water resource experience (ideally with some of that time within a consulting environment);
- sound knowledge of:
- TUFLOW flood modelling software
- Hydrology and associated software packages
- Water balance modelling (GoldSim)
- GIS packages.
- willingness to work regionally away from home as required;
- project management experience with the ability to track actual budgets against forecast;
- a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental impact assessments;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player;
- a strong work ethic; and
- Must have a current/valid unrestricted drivers licence.
EMM is highly committed to our staff, clients and the community. We offer an opportunity to work with passionate people in a very positive culture.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Water Engineer – NTL/SYD – 0418“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing key criteria, full professional CV and a copy of your qualifications. Applications close on Friday, 1st June 2018.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.