At EMM our purpose is to create opportunities for our people, our clients and the communities in which we live and work. We are now seeking a passionate, curious and experienced early career Traffic Engineer or Planner, looking for an opportunity to thrive and grow, to join us on our journey. This is a great opportunity to be involved in shaping our growing transport business, be mentored by industry leading professionals and to be a vital cog in the successful delivery of projects.
What you will be working on:
As a Traffic Engineer/Planner with EMM you will be responsible for assisting with the project management and delivery of a range of traffic engineering and transport planning projects. The successful applicant will have strong technical skills, be capable of working autonomously, embrace knowledge sharing and be passionate about continuing to develop their mastery of all things transportation whilst working on a diverse range of projects.
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Traffic Impact Assessments and transport planning studies;
- Topographic surveys, car park & road design and cost estimating of road infrastructure works;
- Active transport projects (eg pedestrian and bicycle studies);
- Parking precinct plans and property access design improvements;
- Master planning and regional structure planning;
- Transport data analytics;
- Local Area Traffic Management plans;
- Road corridor assessments and urban improvement studies; and
- An exposure to work with EMM’s Spatial Solutions and GIS team
What you will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 2+ years relevant industry experience, ideally gained within a consultancy practice;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, such as engineering or planning;
- Demonstrated experience in the NSW market, private and/or public sector;
- Ability to undertake key technical tasks independently across a broad range of projects;
- Experience with SIDRA is essential, experience with AIMSUN and/or VISSIM will be highly regarded;
- Excellent Auto CAD skills and ability to undertake car park compliance check quickly and efficiently;
- Excellent analytical skills and relevant knowledge on latest technology and equipment available in the market;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Robust personal time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently;
- Hold a current Class C driver’s licence;
- Flexibility to work across a range of projects and industry sectors; and
- Commitment to EMM’s values of commitment, integrity, respect and humility.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
The culture within EMM is of the highest quality and is central to the way we work. If you dream of working with passionate professionals in an environment with an extremely positive and inclusive culture and can demonstrate the essential skills and experiences required for this position, we welcome your application.
Please submit your expression of interest via email to email@example.com and quote reference “TAAQ Traffic 0422“. Please include a covering letter and full professional CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity.
Applications close 12 June 2022.