EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and some exciting project wins we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate Senior or Associate Ecologist to join our team. This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis from our Brisbane office; however, at present we are empowering our people to make their own choice in regards to their work venue with choices that include working from home, in our office or a mix of both.
The role will include leading ecology field surveys, as well as office-based work comprising project management, report writing, proposal preparation and supporting the ecology team and EMM in various aspects of project delivery. The role will require field work across Queensland, including remote locations. Travel for work interstate is generally limited at present due to COVID-19 restrictions but as these restrictions lift there is potential to support project delivery interstate.
The successful candidate will be able to confidently demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- seven years plus of relevant post graduate experience preferably gained within an ecological consultancy environment;
- strong experience with planning and leading ecological field surveys;
- strong plant/botany identification skills, including meeting requirements for a ‘suitably qualified person’ for undertaking protected plant surveys;
- strong experience undertaking regional ecosystem surveys and BioCondition assessments;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- willingness to mentor junior professionals;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence; and
- the ability to work within a high functioning virtual team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
The following criteria are desirable:
- experience in the consulting sector;
- experience in managing and growing client relationships;
- experience in preparation of large tenders and bids;
- experience undertaking vegetation surveys in NSW and interstate;
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of the role and desire to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a highly positive and inclusive culture, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Snr Ecologist BNE 0820“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close Sunday 27 September 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au