EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth.
Our team is led by highly experienced professionals who are recognised leaders in their respective fields. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. These skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Due to the continued growth of our business we now have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Bookkeeper/Assistant Accountant, with strong accounts payable experience, to join us on a full-time basis. This role will be based in our St Leonards office.
In this role you will have the following responsibilities:
- Full function accounts receivable and payable
- Daily update of cash at bank and monthly bank reconciliation
- Review weekly credit card transactions and electronic upload
- EFT payments for weekly expenses
- Quarterly BAS preparation and lodgement
- Preparation and lodgement of payroll tax
- Supporting the Finance Team with tasks related to month end including; general ledger reconciliation, monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations and reports
- Support the processing of monthly payroll for approximately 180 employees where required (assistance/back up of other finance team where required)
- Any other duties assigned by the Financial Accountant relevant to the role
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of three (3) years payroll and bookkeeping experience
- Experience and proficiency in MYOB AccountRight and basic accounting knowledge highly advantageous
- Proven experience working with high volumes in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, well organised and ability to respond promptly to requests and queries
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail while maintaining quality data in Accounting system
- Ability to work well work as part of a team and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience using project management systems preferable
- Effective time management skills
- Effective communication skills
- A friendly and helpful disposition
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external clients
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
If you meet the requirements for the role as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Finance BKAA 0220“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter and full CV demonstrating your suitability for the role. Applications close Friday 21st February 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this position.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.