Work on challenging projects. Solve complex problems.
If you are considering a change and are energised by the thought of increasing value to our current clients, establishing internal partner relationships, mentoring up and coming colleagues, and solving big, meaty problems – we have an opportunity for you!
We have a pipeline of work that continues to grow in Western Australia (& nationally). This presents a unique opportunity for an experienced and passionate Senior or Associate Hydrologist / Water Resources Engineer to join, lead and bolster our team. This is a fabulous opportunity to work alongside a passionate team of industry leading water and environmental professionals. With a focus on surface water, you will also work closely with other senior members of EMM’s Water Division in Western Australia, who are specialists in groundwater, hydrography, water planning, policy and governance, to collectively lead forward our Water business and related opportunities in this State.
EMM offer the full range of planning and environment services to help clients with business ventures, from complex, multidisciplinary projects to straightforward opinion and advice. Our surface water team focuses on water management and stewardship and works across a broad range of industries. We investigate water resources, develop sustainable and resilient water supply and management strategies, and assess the potential impacts from proposed and operational projects.
The successful applicant will lead hydrological assessments and a range of water management related studies, providing key inputs to the development of water management strategies and surface water impact assessments in support of overarching environmental assessments. The role will include scoping, leading and undertaking the technical components of hydrological and surface water investigations such as rainfall, flow and flood analyses, flood modelling, flood mapping and risk assessments, water balance studies, water quality assessment, integrated water resources management and surface water/stormwater management.
Whilst based in Perth, you will have the opportunity to work on interstate projects of national significance as part of our national delivery model, with potential opportunity to work on international projects serviced from our offices in Canada. You will work across a range of sector and industries including mining, energy and renewables, water infrastructure, transport, waste management and general construction. At EMM we have a culture of collaboration, and we work seamlessly across offices and regions to develop teams on a best-for-project basis.
If you are an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key senior member of the team to ensure successful project delivery, we would love to hear from you. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, flexible team player who demonstrates strong communication skills, and an ability to work effectively with colleagues, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key selection criteria and skills are:
- tertiary degree qualification in Hydrology, Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Earth Sciences or related disciplines with a water focus;
- a minimum of seven years’ industry experience in hydrology/water engineering or a closely related field as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining or infrastructure projects;
- demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate information into solutions;
- experience of hydrological, hydraulic and water balance modelling;
- a strong scientific or engineering background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles;
- a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history;
- experience within the Western Australian mining sector;
- thorough practical understanding of relevant State-based legislation;
- exceptional technical writing and oral communication skills;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment; and
- willingness to knowledge share with all team members.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Snr/Ass Water WA 0722“.
Applications close Sunday 21 August 2022. The reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted
At EMM we believe our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible work environment. All employees are required to adhere to EMM and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
All current and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment and may be discussed during the recruitment process.