Due to ongoing company growth, new project opportunities, and a commitment to foster the growth and development of our people we are currently seeking expressions of interest from experienced Aquatic Ecologists to join our team in a lead role (National Technical Leader – Aquatic Ecology). Due to current project commitments, we welcome expressions of interest from eastern Australia (NSW, QLD, ACT and VIC).
This position will guide our approach to undertaking work in both marine and freshwater ecology and involve undertaking work and guiding teams in field survey, impact assessment and reporting, and aquatic ecology monitoring work. The role will lead the aquatic ecology discipline for EMM and be required to work with other ecologists and technical leaders across the business to advise clients, plan and implement aquatic ecology related tasks, and deliver projects.
We welcome applications from experienced Aquatic Ecologists with proven relevant experience who can confidently demonstrate the following key competencies:
- alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- well-developed skills in planning and undertaking field-based aquatic surveys in marine or freshwater environments;
- strong experience leading teams in technical aspects of aquatic ecology, including developing systems and processes and providing mentoring;
- demonstrated experience providing technical advice to clients or other stakeholders on complex issues related to aquatic ecology;
- strong working knowledge of aquatic ecology, including identification of aquatic biota;
- strong working knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies;
- experience with applying, or a well-developed understanding of, the AUSRIVAS sampling methodology and assessment;
- well-developed written skills including preparation of ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans;
- well-developed problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills;
- ability to work independently but also as part of a team of professionals;
- ability to manage field teams including maintaining a strong safety culture;
- ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel and be away from home for periods of time is essential;
- experience with collection of field data preferably electronically through phone apps or tablets; and
- have a current/valid unrestricted driver’s licence.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of this position and wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Aquatic Ecologist EOI 0920“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close on 20 July 2022.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted