Due to strong growth and a commitment to our team and clients we have an opportunity for an experienced Hydrogeologist to join our expanding water team in our Brisbane office.
What you will be working on:
As a Hydrogeologist with EMM you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders within a highly positive and inclusive organisation. You will be part of a specialist team working on a diverse range of projects including groundwater system characterisation and conceptualisation, environmental impact assessments, preparation of environmental management plans, compliance audits, water balances and mine dewatering and disposal studies. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including transport, energy, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
Whilst the role will be based out of our Brisbane office you will be a member of our national team and will have the opportunity to work on projects across Australia. This position involves a substantial amount of field based (hands on) work.
What you will bring to the role:
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The right attitude is essential for this role. We are seeking a dynamic, curious and enthusiastic individual, who possesses strong communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
- ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- Tertiary degree qualifications in geoscience/geology/hydrogeology or related disciplines such as environmental engineering or environmental science with a water focus;
- two plus years of technical experience (within a consultancy would be an advantage) in one or more of the following areas: groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, and/or environmental assessments;
- demonstrated ability to undertake fieldwork, including but not limited to drilling supervision, aquifer testing and water sampling;
- a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental and groundwater impact assessments;
- a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history (4WD experience is an advantage);
- familiarity with groundwater quality/geochemistry sampling, data analysis and interpretation and reporting.
- competency in the use of relevant industry software would be desirable (e.g. Excel/Python, MS Office, GIS, Surfer, AQTESOLV or MLU, ESdat);
- an appreciation of relevant Queensland and Commonwealth legislation and water policy or an enthusiasm to learn about these aspects;
- demonstrated ability to complete projects on time;
- strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment; and
- a willingness to learn and be mentored.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. We focus on career development and provide our team with an environment that empowers them to thrive and grow. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, we would love to hear from you!
If you meet the requirements of this position and are looking to kick start your career in 2022, please submit your expression of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Hydro BNE 0122” and include a covering letter CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity.
Applications close 17 July 2022.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.