Due to strong growth and a commitment to expand our heritage team, we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and passionate archaeologist with professional or senior experience in historical archaeology and heritage managementto join our team. This role has the potential to be based in our Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane or Canberra offices and will provide you with the opportunity to provide assistance nationwide as part of our national team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects in historical and built heritage sectors, both field and office based. You will be involved in managing and implementing projects and preparing proposals, liaising with clients and the community as well as your colleagues at EMM. The ideal applicant will be highly proficient in historical heritage management with experience in Aboriginal cultural heritage management and built heritage experience will be looked on favourably.
We welcome applications from individuals with proven relevant experience who can demonstrate the following key competencies.
- appropriate Tertiary degree (anthropology, archaeology, history, heritage studies) with Honours or equivalent;
- minimum of 4 years’ archaeological consulting experience, ideally gained from within a consulting environment or related industry;
- understanding of NSW historical heritage legislation and management;
- demonstrated experience in client liaison, project management, working to deadlines within budget constraints, engaging and managing subcontractors, reviewing technical reports;
- demonstrated experience in field investigations and recording, research, impact assessment and statutory approvals;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and relevant stakeholders;
- a strong work ethic;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- hold a current valid unrestricted drivers’ licence and Construction Industry Safety Induction (White Card); and
- the ability to work within a high functioning virtual national team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
- understanding of National and Commonwealth historical heritage legislation and management;
- familiarity with GIS field and desktop applications;
- Rail Industry Workers induction card; and
- regulator consultation.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of the role and have the desire to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a highly positive and inclusive culture, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Heritage NSW 1121“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close on Sunday, 5 December 2021.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.