EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced GIS Analyst to join our team in our Newcastle office. To be considered for this opportunity you must have at least five years’ relevant experience, an outstanding technical background, and experience in environmental consulting.
In this role you will work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a spatial team that works on a range of projects within the renewables, energy, transport, infrastructure, and mining and extractive industry sectors.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- a degree in geography, environmental science or related discipline;
- at least five years relevant experience;
- an outstanding technical background;
- experience in environmental consulting;
- an excellent understanding and working knowledge of the ESRI suite of products, including web-mapping and mobile data capture applications;
- experience manipulating data from various software systems;
- experience producing high-quality cartographic outputs;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- ability to mentor and guide teammates;
- organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple and competing responsibilities;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored;
- be an enthusiastic team player;
- strong work ethic;
- alignment with EMM’s values; and
- have a current valid unrestricted drivers’ licence.
Demonstrated experience in scripting/programming and previous experience with remote sensing techniques would be received favourably.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
If you believe you meet the requirements for the role as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “GIS NTL 0620”. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter and full CV demonstrating your suitability for the role. Applications close Sunday 19 July 2020. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.