Due to a number of exciting project wins we are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Approvals Consultant to join our team. Primarily we are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced consultants, or senior consultants, who wish to be based in Newcastle or Sydney, however we welcome applications for any of our Australia wide network of offices. This position is available on either a full-time or part-time basis.
In this role you will be a member of our highly regarded national team who collaborate on a variety of environmental approvals projects. You will work with and be mentored by industry leaders across the business whilst also having the opportunity to mentor and coach our emerging talent. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including water, mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
Key responsibilities will include management and preparation of:
• State Significant Development / State Significant Infrastructure Approvals
• Part 4 (Development Assessment) and Part 5 (Environmental assessment)
• Review of Environmental Factors / Modifications
• Environmental Impact Statements / Assessments
The successful applicant/s will be a degree qualified Environmental Scientist/Planner or Engineer with between 3 to 7 years proven relevant experience ideally gained within a consultancy environment. They will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and competencies:
• proven experience in environmental approvals management, assessment, planning, auditing and/or monitoring;
• excellent writing skills and the demonstrated capacity to lead and produce high quality written content for a range of approvals documents;
• confident in managing multi-disciplinary projects;
• project management experience and abilities;
• experience responding to tender briefs, writing proposals and costing tenders against the relevant planning legislation;
• NSW Planning Systems experience (as it relates to Environmental Approvals);
• ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
• a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
• strong interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
• the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
• align with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work practices and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements stated above and would relish the opportunity to work in a professional high achieving team, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “ECAD NSW 0921“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close Thursday 30 September 2021. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
• Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
• Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.