EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and some exciting project wins we have an excellent opportunity for a passionate early to mid-career Ecologist to join our growing team. This role can be based in our Sydney, Canberra or Newcastle offices and will provide you with the opportunity to work collectively with colleagues as part of our national team.
As an Ecologist with EMM you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects, both field and office based. You will be involved in managing and implementing projects, preparing proposals, writing reports and liaising with clients. You will be required to undertake field work across NSW with the possibility of some project work in other states including some remote locations.
We welcome applications from degree qualified Ecologists with proven relevant experience who can demonstrate the following key competencies:
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- minimum of two years post graduate experience (experience in ecological consulting will be viewed favourably);
- experience with undertaking ecological field survey;
- competent plant/botany identification skills;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Ecologist NSW 0920“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close on Sunday, 11 October 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered. Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au