We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Ecologists, or graduates with some prior relevant work experience, to join us on either a casual or short-term contract basis to assist with regional fieldwork, including remote locations, over the coming months. Due to current COVID travel restrictions we are seeking applications from Ecologists who are based in NSW with no restrictions on travel for work.
Please clearly state in your covering letter if you are available for an immediate or future start (please indicate potential start date if future date proposed).
We welcome applications from degree qualified Ecologists with proven relevant experience who can confidently demonstrate the following key competencies:
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- minimum of one year relevant experience (experience in ecological consulting will be viewed favourably);
- experience with undertaking ecological field survey;
- competent plant/botany or animal identification skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- have a fitness level where you are able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas, often involving long walks and challenging terrain;
- have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Ecologist EOI 0921“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close Sunday, 19 September 2021. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.