EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne, and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced Ecologists, or graduates with some prior relevant work experience, to join us on either a casual or short-term contract basis to assist with regional fieldwork, including remote locations, over the coming months. Due to current COVID travel restrictions we are seeking Ecologists who are based in either NSW or Queensland.
Please clearly state in your covering letter if you are available for an immediate or future start and if you currently reside in NSW or Queensland.
We welcome applications from degree qualified Ecologists with proven relevant experience who can confidently demonstrate the following key competencies:
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- minimum of one year relevant experience (experience in ecological consulting will be viewed favourably);
- experience with undertaking ecological field survey;
- competent plant/botany or animal identification skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- have a fitness level where you are able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas, often involving long walks;
- have a current/valid unrestricted NSW or QLD driver’s licence
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Ecologist EOI 0920“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close on Sunday, 11 October 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au