EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our continued strong growth, combined with some exciting project wins, has led to an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Work Health & Safety (WHS) Coordinator to join our Corporate WHS team. This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis and will be based from our Brisbane office.
As a member of our Corporate WHS team role you will work closely with our National WHS Manager to provide exceptional WHS assistance and guidance to our growing team nationwide. It is expected you will play a lead role in championing WHS initiatives whilst striving to maintain existing standards and achieve new compliance benchmarks. You will have the opportunity to work with and support teams who offer consulting services within diverse sectors including mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
As this is a national position you must be flexible to undertake travel to our offices across Australia as/when required.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and passionate WHS professional, with at least 3 years relevant work experience, who can demonstrate the following competencies and skills:
- Certificate IV or higher qualification in occupational health and safety;
- Experience developing and implementing WHS policies and procedures;
- Experience creating and delivering WHS training programs;
- Robust knowledge of WHS legislation, Codes of Practice and relevant Safety Standards;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and all stakeholders;
- Experience conducting audits and writing related reports;
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong organisational and project managements skills;
- Solid computer literacy;
- Enthusiastic team player; and
- Aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
Key responsibilities of this position will include (but not be limited to):
- Promotion of EMM’s positive safety initiatives and culture at all times;
- Developing, reviewing and updating WHS policies and procedures;
- Coordinating and administering key WHS software systems;
- Monitoring systems and data for emerging trends or issues;
- Safety audits and assessments;
- Participation in incident investigations as required;
- Assisting in the development of Corporate WHS strategies; and
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of organisation WHS updates and communications.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements stated above, and your ambition is to work in a professional high achieving environment, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “WHS CORPORATE 0321“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close Sunday 9 May 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.