EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to service our clients, we currently have an opportunity for an Associate Hydrogeologist, to join our national groundwater team based in any of our national offices.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a passionate team working on a range of projects including water impact assessments, preparation of groundwater management plans, compliance audits and water supply and dewatering assessments. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects locally and nationally within different sectors including transport, energy, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• leading the preparation of high-quality, accurate and consistent technical deliverables across a variety of mediums;
• performing as Project Manager with responsibility for project delivery including monitoring project budgets, tracking schedules and outputs and outcome evaluation
• supervising and mentoring our developing talent;
• leading the preparation of winning bids/tenders;
• client liaison and business development; and
• actively contributing to a positive team and business culture.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is driven to grow the team and business further through connections with key public and private clients and who is committed to delivering projects to meet our client’s expectations. In particular we seek applications from individuals with 10+ years’ relevant experience, ideally gained within a consulting environment, who can demonstrate the following competencies:
• tertiary degree qualifications in geoscience/geology/hydrogeology or related disciplines such as environmental engineering with a water focus;
• a minimum of 10 years’ demonstrated experience in groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, and/or environmental assessments (within a consultancy would be an advantage);
• a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental and groundwater impact assessments, with experience in Commonwealth, NSW, QLD, SA, WA and/or Victoria legislation considered favourably;
• advanced project management and project delivery skills;
• a high level of clear written and oral communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports;
• good industry knowledge and contacts and strong business acumen;
• good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with a multidisciplinary team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
• attention to detail including well-developed skills in the areas of data analysis, interpretation, conceptualisation, QA/QC, data presentation and technical report writing;
• solid experience and flexibility to work on a wide range of project types across a variety of sectors including mining, industrial and infrastructure;
• ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
• ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning virtual national team and independently;
• willingness to mentor staff; and
• a strong work ethic that is in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you desire to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture and meet the above requirements, we would welcome your application.
Please submit your expression of interest via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote reference “Hydro AUS 1220“. Please include a covering letter and full professional CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity.
Applications close 31 January 2021. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
• Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
• Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
To find out more about EMM please visit our company website www.emmconsulting.com.au.