EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy. We work across Australia from our offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne, and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals, leaders in their fields. We have a talented team of scientists and engineers across a range of disciplines. Our combined skillset and national focus enable us to achieve client objectives in ways that contribute towards sustainable outcomes.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our clients we have an opportunity for an early career (up to 3 years’ experience) Water Resources Engineer to join our surface water team. Recent graduates are strongly encouraged to apply. The location for this role could be flexible across Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide or Perth.
In this role you will work alongside and be mentored by a passionate team of industry leading water and environmental professionals assisting with surface water focused inputs to a diverse mix of projects across a range of industry sectors. You will provide key input into the development of surface water impact assessments in support of overarching environmental assessments. The role will include the supervised undertaking of technical components of hydrological and surface water investigations including characterisation studies, water quality analysis, stormwater management, catchment and yield modelling, flood modelling, flood mapping and risk assessments, water balance studies, water licensing and approvals, and integrated water resources management. The role will also involve fieldwork, including water monitoring and associated field data collection, data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and provide an opportunity for exposure to a range of closely related services such as groundwater, soils and contaminated land management.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibits an ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes. The right attitude is essential for this role.
Key requirements and selection criteria include:
• tertiary degree qualification in Civil/Environmental Engineering with a strong water focus;
• ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s strong culture, values and vision;
• a maximum of three years’ post-graduate water engineering experience ideally gained as a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining / infrastructure projects;
• demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate information into solutions;
• a strong technical background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles related to hydrology and hydraulics;
• a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history;
• strong technical writing and communication skills;
• ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
• a willingness to learn and be mentored; and
• strong computing skills.
Experience in one of more of the following will be received favourably:
• experience using GIS software for water engineering applications;
• experience using hydrological, hydraulic, water quality and/or water balance models; or
• experience undertaking surface water sampling/monitoring and associated data analysis, interpretation and reporting.
Our goal is to create opportunities for you, the business and our clients. We will help you achieve your career aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning, development and industry memberships. EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in a flexible work environment that values its personnel with a positive and inclusive culture.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “WR VAR 0820“. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter, CV and a copy of your qualifications/transcripts. Applications close Sunday 13 September 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
• Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
• Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au