EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our Traffic & Transport consultancy service is expanding, and we are now seeking an experienced and highly capable Senior Traffic Engineer or Planner to join our growing team. This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis from our Sydney office however at present we are empowering our people to make their own choice in regards to their work venue with choices that include working from home, in our office or a mix of both. This is a great opportunity to be involved in shaping our transport business, be mentored by industry leading professionals and to be a vital cog in assisting our current team to meet project needs. We would welcome your contribution to the advancement of our efficient and streamlined inter-disciplinary practice.
As a Senior Traffic Engineer/Planner with EMM you will be responsible for assisting with the project management and delivery of a range of traffic engineering and transport planning projects. The successful applicant will have strong technical skills, be capable of working autonomously, embrace knowledge sharing and be passionate about continuing to develop their mastery of all things transportation whilst working on a diverse range of projects.
In particular we seek applications from individuals who can demonstrate the following key competencies:
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant industry experience, ideally gained within a consultancy practice;
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field, such as engineering or planning;
- Demonstrated experience in the NSW market, private and/or public sector;
- Ability to undertake key technical tasks independently across a broad range of projects;
- Experience with SIDRA is essential, experience with AIMSUN and/or VISSIM will be highly regarded;
- Excellent Auto CAD skills and ability to undertake car park compliance check quickly and efficiently;
- Excellent analytical skills and relevant knowledge on latest technology and equipment available in the market;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Robust personal time management and organisational skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently;
- Hold a Class C driver’s licence;
- Contribute positively to EMM’s innovation team;
- Flexibility to work across a range of projects and industry sectors;
- Commitment to EMM’s values of commitment, integrity, respect and humility.
As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to be involved with:
- Traffic Impact Assessments and transport planning studies;
- Topographic surveys, car park & road design and cost estimating of road infrastructure works;
- Active transport projects (eg pedestrian and bicycle studies);
- Parking precinct plans and property access design improvements;
- Master planning and regional structure planning;
- Transport data analytics;
- Local Area Traffic Management plans;
- Road corridor assessments and urban improvement studies; and
- An exposure to work with EMM’s Spatial Solutions and GIS team
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
The culture within EMM is of the highest quality and is central to the way we work. If you dream of working with passionate professionals in an environment with an extremely positive and inclusive culture and can demonstrate the essential skills and experiences required for this position, we welcome your application.
Please submit your expression of interest via email to email@example.com and quote reference “TAAQ Traffic 0720“. Please include a covering letter and full professional CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity. Applications close Saturday 31 October 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
- The interview process may include a competency assessment.