EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading planning and environment consultancy. We work across Australia from our offices in Perth, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Hydrogeologist, with 6+ years relevant experience, to join our expanding team in our Perth office. In this role you will work alongside and be mentored by respected industry leaders across the business. We will help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning, development and industry memberships.
EMM offer the full range of planning and environment services to help clients with business ventures, from complex, multidisciplinary projects to straightforward opinion and advice. Our Perth office is currently focussed on water management within the mining sector, working across commodities. We investigate surface and groundwater resources with an aim to assess potential impacts and provide strategic mine water planning advice.
The successful applicant will work on groundwater conceptualisation and assessment, mine water management, groundwater drilling investigations, environmental impact assessments, environmental management plans, regulatory approvals, and water quality investigations. The position will involve a mix of field and office‑based tasks on a project dependant basis.
This position can be based out of our Perth or Adelaide office. Opportunities will be available to work on interstate and international projects (Asia Pacific). At EMM we have a culture of collaboration, we encourage a national approach providing our clients with best‑for‑project teams from across our offices.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The right attitude is essential for this role. The perfect candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibits an ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key selection criteria and skills are:
- ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- tertiary degree qualification in geoscience/geology or related disciplines, such as environmental engineering, with a water focus;
- minimum of 6 years’ experience in either hydrogeology, exploration / mine geology or a closely related field as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining / infrastructure projects;
- experience in hydrogeology and water quality/geochemical analysis and interpretation – ability to analyse data and translate information into solutions;
- a strong scientific background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles;
- capability to undertake fieldwork, including but not limited to drilling supervision and water sampling;
- a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history (4WD experience is an advantage);
- experience within the Western Australian mining industry;
- an appreciation of relevant WA legislation;
- strong technical writing and communication skills – ability to write and present technical reports;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored; and
- strong computing skills.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “HYDRO WA 0721“. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter and full professional CV.
Applications close Sunday 15 August 2021. The reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.