EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Contaminated Land professional, with 5-10 years relevant experience, to join our national Contaminated Land Management (CLM) team in our Brisbane office. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a team working on a range of projects locally and nationally in multiple industry sectors such as land development, urban infrastructure, transportation, Government and mining. You will have the opportunity to work within and grow your career in the fields of contaminated land environmental assessment and remediation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Planning and managing the successful delivery of contaminated land projects;
- Implementing and managing field investigation programs (including soil, groundwater and soil vapour monitoring, supervision of drilling programs including groundwater well installations);
- Assisting with the preparation of winning bids/tenders;
- Assisting with the preparation of accurate and consistent technical reports;
- Data interpretation and analysis; and
- Actively contributing to a positive team and business culture.
The right attitude is essential for this role. The perfect candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibits the ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in environmental science, environmental engineering or related disciplines;
- 5-10 years’ experience in contamination site investigation and/or remediation, ideally gained from working within a similar environmental consulting/engineering role;
- Ability to work within a high functioning virtual national team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- A strong technical background;
- Task or project management experience;
- A valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history;
- Experience in a wide range of project types for varied public (e.g. Government, Road, Rail) and private (e.g. Development, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aviation) clients;
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and within budget;
- Solid data analysis, interpretation, and data presentation skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; and
- Ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment.
In return, EMM offers the opportunity to guide and develop you with a rewarding career, support you with ongoing learning and development that will further enhance your talents and grow your abilities.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you meet the requirements of this role, as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “SNRCLM BNE 0620”. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter and CV. Applications close Sunday 12 July 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au