Due to the continued growth of our business, we are now seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Senior Communication and Engagement Consultant to join our growing team. In particular we seek Expressions of Interest from individuals with 7+ years proven experience in communication and, key stakeholder/ community engagement, as part of transport, energy or mine infrastructure planning, design, construction and decommissioning projects.
This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis and can be based in any of our national office locations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead and support Communication & Engagement components of projects, including project budgets, tracking, schedules and outputs, outcome evaluation and liaison with clients, sub-contractors, to produce high quality outputs
- Develop, deliver and evaluate communication and engagement strategies and action plans
- Develop communication and consultation materials for diverse audiences
- Develop and deliver engagement tools (ie traditional and digital), to meet diverse communication needs
- Plan, convene and evaluate key stakeholder and community consultation events
- Secure land access and liaise with property owners, to support field teams
- Provide effective enquiries management support
- Establish/maintain stakeholder databases (ie Excel-based or online eg Consultation Management, Darzin)
- Constructively review Communication & Engagement team members’ work
- Provide mentoring and on the job training, to new Communication & Engagement professionals
- Substantively contribute to preparing tender response proposals, including content, budgets and CVs
- Substantively contribute to C&E specific external and internal market sector business development activities
- Proactively maintain professional currency (eg participating in industry networking and relevant associations and, undertaking professional development).
To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- Able to develop, deliver and evaluate communication and engagement strategies and action plans, to support project objectives
- Able to proactively identify, analyse and manage communication-specific issues and risks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to research, write, edit, proofread and present for a range of audiences (ie communication and consultation materials and summary reports)
- Able to develop and deliver a wide range of engagement tools (ie traditional and digital), to meet the diverse communication needs and collect representative feedback
- Strong event-planning and management abilities (ie in-person and online)
- Proven ability to coordinate land access
- Strong online stakeholder database management skills (ie Consultation Management, Darzin)
- Able to effectively collaborate within complex, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Practiced in providing and receiving constructive feedback, and mentoring, as part of contributing to C&E discipline technical excellence
- Strong consultancy services’ skills:
- Flexibility to work across multiple projects and effectively managing competing priorities
- Project management, including delivering on time, within budget and safely
- Proactive and collaborative client communication.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you aspire to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a positive and inclusive culture, and meet the above requirements, we will welcome your application.
Please submit your expression of interest via email to email@example.com and quote reference “C&E – SNR – 0821“. Please include a covering letter and full professional CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity.
Applications close Sunday 26 September 2021. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted for this position.