EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Sydney Gateway, Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and some exciting project wins we have an opportunity for an experienced professional or senior level Construction Environmental Management Specialist, with between 7 to 15 years relevant experience, to join our team. This position is offered on a permanent full-time basis, with part-time being an option, and can be based in Sydney, Newcastle or Canberra.
In this role you will work with and be mentored by industry leaders across the business. You will be part of a collaborative team working with clients establishing major projects through preparation of construction environmental management plans and associated post-approval documentation, delivery and execution of environmental management activities and programs, undertaking site environmental management roles, providing expert advice to drive environmental best practice in construction and carrying out compliance audits across a variety of projects and sectors. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including transport infrastructure, mining and extractive industries, energy, land development and agriculture.
The successful candidate will be a degree qualified professional with proven Construction Environmental Management experience who can demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- a degree in environmental management, planning, science or related discipline;
- seven to fifteen years of technical experience (within a consultancy would be an advantage);
- extensive project management experience within the environmental management and/or assessment areas;
- a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental management and assessment;
- experience in the construction industry and a willingness to work in the field on construction sites;
- strong knowledge of licensing environmental laws in NSW/ACT and an appreciation of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- good client relationship experience and skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- general construction induction card;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to teach and mentor more junior team members;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “CEM NSW/ACT 0221“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close Sunday 11 April 2021
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.