EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to expand our heritage team, we have two excellent opportunities for highly proficient and passionate Aboriginal heritage management Archaeologists, to join our team at either professional or senior level (dependent on experience). These roles can be based in either our Sydney or Newcastle offices and will provide you with the opportunity to provide assistance nationwide as part of our national team.
As an Archaeologist with EMM you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects in Aboriginal, historical and built heritage sectors, both field and office based. You will be involved in managing and implementing projects and preparing proposals, liaising with clients and the community as well as your colleagues at EMM.
We welcome applications from individuals with proven relevant experience who can demonstrate the following key competencies.
- appropriate Tertiary degree (anthropology, archaeology, history, heritage studies, as appropriate) with Honours or equivalent;
- minimum of 3 years archaeological consulting experience ideally gained from within a consulting environment or related industry;
- demonstrated experience in client liaison, project management, working to deadlines within budget constraints, engaging and managing subcontractors, reviewing technical reports;
- demonstrated experience in field investigations and recording, research, impact assessment and statutory approvals (eg cultural heritage management plans, Aboriginal heritage impact permits, etc);
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and relevant stakeholders;
- a strong work ethic;
- proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- hold a current valid unrestricted drivers’ licence and Construction Industry Safety Induction (White Card); and
- the ability to work within a high functioning virtual national team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
- understanding of NSW historical heritage legislation and management;
- familiarity with GIS field and desktop applications;
- experience in Aboriginal stone artefact analysis; and
- regulator consultation.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of the role and desire to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a highly positive and inclusive culture, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “AH NSW 0321“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close on Sunday 11 April 2021.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au