Due to strong growth and a commitment to our clients we have an opportunity for a Hydrologist or Water Resources Engineer to join our expanding team in Perth. In this role you will work alongside a passionate team of industry leading water and environmental professionals.
EMM offer the full range of planning and environment services to help clients with business ventures, from complex, multidisciplinary projects to straightforward opinion and advice. Our Perth office focuses on water management and stewardship and works across a broad range of industries. We investigate water resources, develop sustainable and resilient water supply and management strategies, and assess the potential impacts from proposed and operational projects.
The successful applicant will assist with hydrological assessments and support a range of mine water management related studies, providing key inputs to the development of water management strategies and surface water impact assessments in support of overarching environmental assessments. The role will include undertaking the technical components of hydrological and surface water investigations such as rainfall, flow and flood analyses, including flood modelling, flood mapping and risk assessments, water balance studies, integrated water resources management (IWRM) and surface water/stormwater management.
The role will be based in Perth however, there will be opportunity to work on interstate projects of national significance. The successful applicant will work in mining, energy and renewables, water infrastructure, transport, waste management and general construction. At EMM we have a culture of collaboration, and we work seamlessly across offices and regions to develop teams on a best-for-project basis. This position is primarily an office-based role however there will be opportunities for field based (hands on) work across the country.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team ensuring successful project delivery. The right attitude is essential for this role. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibits an ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key selection criteria and skills are:
- ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- tertiary degree qualification in Hydrology, Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Earth Sciences or related disciplines with a water focus;
- a minimum of three years’ industry experience in hydrology/water engineering or a closely related field as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining or infrastructure projects;
- demonstrated ability to analyse data and translate information into solutions;
- experience of hydrological, hydraulic and water balance modelling;
- a strong scientific background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles;
- a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history;
- experience within the Western Australian mining sector;
- an appreciation of relevant WA legislation;
- strong technical writing and communication skills – ability to write and present technical reports;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored; and
- strong computing skills.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “WR/HYDRO WA 0821“. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter and full professional CV.
Applications close 17 July 2022. The reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.