EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our team and clients we have an opportunity for an experienced Hydrogeologist to join our expanding water team in our Brisbane office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders within a highly positive and inclusive organisation. You will be part of a specialist team working on a range of projects including environmental impact assessments, preparation of environmental management plans, compliance audits, water balances and mine dewatering and disposal studies. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including transport, energy, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
Whilst the role will be based in Brisbane you will be a member of our national team and will have the opportunity to work on projects across Australia. This position involves a substantial amount of field based (hands on) work.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The right attitude is essential for this role. We are seeking a dynamic, curious and enthusiastic individual, who possesses strong communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key selection criteria and skills are as follows:
• ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
• Tertiary degree qualifications in geoscience/geology/hydrogeology or related disciplines such as environmental engineering or environmental science with a water focus;
• two plus years of technical experience (within a consultancy would be an advantage) in one or more of the following areas: groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, and/or environmental assessments;
• demonstrated ability to undertake fieldwork, including but not limited to drilling supervision and water sampling;
• a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental and groundwater impact assessments;
• a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history (4WD experience is an advantage);
• competency in the use of relevant industry software would be desirable (e.g. Excel, GIS, Surfer, pumping test analysis, ESdat);
• an appreciation of relevant Queensland and Commonwealth legislation and water policy;
• demonstrated ability to complete projects on time;
• strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports;
• ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
• a willingness to learn and be mentored; and
• strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and other software as applicable to the individual role.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you are seeking a new and exciting opportunity to kick start 2021, and meet the requirements of this position, please submit your expression of interest via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Hydro BNE 1220” and include a covering letter CV outlining your skills and experience as relevant to this opportunity. Applications close Sunday 28 March 2021.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
• Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
• Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au