- Create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our community
- Partner with and stand by the side of our Project Leaders
- Lead and enable our safety culture
We are a collaborative team of highly capable and talented individuals working together in pursuit of our aspirations. We are now seeking a passionate, influential and experienced HSW Business Partner, looking for a fulfilling and rewarding position, to join us on our journey.
This permanent full-time position will ideally be based out of either our Sydney or Newcastle office. Due to the diverse nature of this position, and its crucial link to providing support to our employees in the field as well as in the office, there is an ongoing requirement for the HSW Business Partner to regularly travel to a variety of our client sites.
In this position you will work closely with the HSW team and your aligned Division, to evolve EMM’s HSW Culture by championing best practice health and safety advice, supporting leaders to manage HSW risk and to build their HSW knowledge and capability, all the while role modelling a safety-first culture.
We are looking for someone who is truly passionate about becoming a trusted Business Partner, who is not afraid to embed themselves into projects, ensuring they provide the right advice at the right time to the right people. Someone who is a safetyfirst Leader who understands WHS legislation, using it to educate and empower others, helping EMM to grow a positive safety culture.
Position key tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the HSW agenda is front and centre for the Divisional Management team
- Championing and leading an internal client service focus by supporting leaders to manage HSW related risk and role modelling a safety-first culture.
- Building HSW knowledge and capability in EMM project managers;
- Supporting achievement of business outcomes through provision of best practice Health & Safety advice and support, and application of ‘right sized’ systems and processes; and
- Leading, driving and operationalising initiatives to drive the EMM culture.
This is a dynamic role that requires you to have experience working on multiple projects, be a team player and be able to multitask and show strong initiative. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Significant experience in a HSW role ideally in a consulting environment.
- Experience in an Environmental Industry preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrated talent as an internal consultant, an influencer and enabler.
- Recognised ability to effectively lead and deliver on initiatives in a lean but high growth environment.
- Alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- Experience in building a safety mindset and capability in others.
At EMM our purpose is to create opportunities for our people, our clients and our community and our vision is to be the leading Australian consultancy for the natural and built environment. EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
We welcome applications from people who meet the requirements of this role as stated above. Please submit your application (CV and covering letter) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference “HSW BP 0422“.
Applications close Sunday 21May 2022. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- For more information about EMM please visit our website https://www.emmconsulting.com.au/
At EMM we believe our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible work environment. All employees are required to adhere to EMM and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
All current and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment and may be discussed during the recruitment process.