Due to our ongoing commitment to foster the growth and development of our future leaders, and new project opportunities, we are currently seeking a Graduate Social Planner to join our Social Impact Assessment team. This position will be based in our Brisbane office; however, the successful applicant will work with colleagues as part of our national team.
As a Graduate Social Planner with EMM you will work on a range of interesting and challenging projects comprising both field and office work. We will provide you with opportunities to develop your social planning knowledge, and project management skills, whilst working alongside and being mentored by supportive and passionate experienced professionals. You will be involved in social impact assessments, preparing proposals, writing reports, and liaising with clients.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and vibrant recent graduate, or about to complete their studies in 2021, who demonstrates a strong interest and desire to build a career as a Social Planner. To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following key skills and competencies:
- recently completed, or pending completion of, tertiary degree qualifications in social science or a related discipline;
- undertaken formal study in social impact assessment;
- understanding of social impact assessments and social risk assessments;
- knowledge of the principles of social research and community engagement;
- a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- awareness of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to learn;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above and wish to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “GRAD SP 1021“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria, a full professional CV and a copy of your most recent academic transcript.
Applications close 20 December 2021.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.