Due to our ongoing commitment to foster the growth and development of our future leaders, and new project opportunities, we are currently seeking an early career or graduate Contaminated Land Consultant (Environmental Scientist, Engineer or Geologist) to join our team. This position will be based in our Sydney office; however, the successful applicants will work collectively with colleagues as part of our national team.
As a contaminated land specialist with EMM you will work on a range of interesting and challenging projects comprising both field and office work. We will provide you with opportunities to develop your knowledge, and project management skills, whilst working alongside and being mentored by supportive and passionate experienced professionals. A major component of the role will be the participation in fieldwork including soil, surface water and groundwater site investigations, risk assessment, remediation, validation, data management and analysis.. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to work with our exceptional Spatial Solutions team, proposal preparation, report writing, and liaising with clients.
To be considered for this exciting career development opportunity you will need to demonstrate a commitment to participating in regular fieldwork trips together with the following key criteria:
- align with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- current final year student or recently, within past 2 years, completed a degree in environmental science or engineering or a related discipline;
- 1 – 2 years relevant prior experience will be highly regarded;
- experience in undertaking field investigations safely, including drilling, soil sampling, groundwater/surface water monitoring and landfill gas/soil vapour monitoring;
- experience managing large datasets, with working knowledge of ESdat and gINT software highly valued;
- strong written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple tasks / projects;
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and others such as contractors;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive “will do” attitude;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current/valid unrestricted driver’s licence; and
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of this position and would like to be considered for this career enhancing opportunity, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “CLM SYD 0122“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria, a full professional CV and a copy of your most recent academic transcript.
Applications close Monday 31 January 2022.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.