Due to our ongoing commitment to foster the growth and development of our future leaders, and an exciting major project win, we are currently seeking a Graduate or early career Acoustic Consultant to join our team in Sydney. In this role you will be a member of our national team and will work collectively with, and be mentored by, other acoustic specialists.
As an early career or Graduate Acoustic Consultant with EMM you will work on a range of interesting and challenging projects comprising both field and office work. We will provide you with opportunities to develop your knowledge of acoustics and how it relates to almost all aspects of modern society and project management skills, whilst working alongside and being mentored by supportive and passionate experienced professionals. You will be involved in acoustic assessments and monitoring, preparing proposals, writing reports, and liaising with clients. You will have the opportunity to undertake field work across NSW with the possibility of some project work in other states including some remote locations.
To be considered for this exciting graduate opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following key criteria:
final year student or recent completion of a degree in engineering, physics or a related discipline;
- demonstrated desire to build a career as an acoustic consultant;
- be an analytical thinker;
- experienced in undertaking field work, and capacity to undertake field work safely;
- developing written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current/valid unrestricted driver’s licence;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you are seeking to kick start your career within an inclusive and collaborative team and meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “GA SYD 0921“. To have your application considered it must include:
- a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria;
- a full professional CV; and
- a copy of your most recent academic transcript (for graduates)
Your application will not be reviewed unless these three documents are attached.
Applications close on 20 December 2021. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for these opportunities.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.