EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Canberra, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, and Melbourne.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to our ongoing commitment to foster the growth and development of our future leaders, and new project opportunities, we are currently seeking a Graduate, or early career, Ecologist to join our team. This position will be based in our Canberra office; however, the successful applicants will work collectively with colleagues as part of our national team.
As a Graduate, or early career, Ecologist with EMM you will work on a range of interesting and challenging projects comprising both field and office work. We will provide you with opportunities to develop your ecological knowledge, and project management skills, whilst working alongside and being mentored by supportive and passionate experienced professionals. You will be involved in ecological assessments and monitoring, preparing proposals, writing reports, and liaising with clients. You will have the opportunity to undertake field work across the ACT and NSW with the possibility of some project work in other states including some remote locations.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will need to demonstrate a commitment to participating in regular fieldwork trips together with the following key criteria:
- recently, within past 18 months, completed a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- desire to build a career as an ecologist;
- botanical or zoological identification skills;
- experience in undertaking field work, and capacity to undertake prolonged field work safely;
- developing written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current/valid unrestricted driver’s licence
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Ecologist ACT 0421“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria, a full professional CV and a copy of your most recent academic transcript. Applications close on Sunday 23 May 2021.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au