Due to ongoing company growth, new project opportunities, and a commitment to foster the growth and development of our people we currently have a number of opportunities for experienced GIS Analysts to join our team. These roles can be based in any of our network of offices as you will have the opportunity to work on projects across Australia. To be considered for these opportunities, applicants must have between two to five years’ relevant experience, an outstanding technical background, and experience in environmental consulting.
As a GIS Analyst with EMM you will work with and be mentored by industry leaders within a highly positive and inclusive organisation. You will be part of a national spatial team that works on a range of projects within the renewables, energy, transport, infrastructure, and mining and extractive industry sectors.
The ideal candidates will be enthusiastic individuals with the ability to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The right attitude is essential for these roles. We are seeking dynamic, curious and enthusiastic individuals, who possesses strong communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others to achieve positive project outcomes.
The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and competencies:
- a degree in geography, environmental science or related discipline;
- between two to five years of relevant experience;
- an outstanding technical background;
- experience in environmental consulting;
- an excellent understanding and working knowledge of the ESRI suite of products, including web-mapping and mobile data capture applications;
- experience manipulating data from various software systems;
- demonstrable high-quality cartographic outputs;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- ability to mentor and guide teammates;
- organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple and competing responsibilities;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to learn and be mentored;
- be an enthusiastic team player;
- strong work ethic;
- alignment with EMM’s values; and
- have a current valid unrestricted drivers’ licence.
Demonstrated experience in scripting/programming and previous experience with remote sensing techniques would be received favourably.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements of these positions, and wish to be considered for these exciting opportunities, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “GIS 1121”. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and a full professional CV.
Please identify in your application covering letter your preferred office location.
Applications close 20 July 2022. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.