EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients.
Due to a recent major project win EMM is seeking expressions of interest from Graduate and experienced Archaeologists to work with us on either a casual or short-term contract basis. We are looking to appoint multiple positions at different experience levels for this and ongoing works at EMM.
We are seeking applications for positions of various experience levels, from graduate to experienced Archaeologists.
The successful candidates will be able to confidently demonstrate the following:
- completion of a degree in archaeology or a related discipline (or working towards);
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence;
- have 4WD training (or be willing to undertake this);
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader;
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision; and
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
The following criteria will be looked at favourably for more experienced positions:
- an honours degree majoring in archaeology;
- minimum of 2 years archaeological consulting or industry/sector experience;
- sound skills in investigating, assessing and managing Aboriginal archaeological sites in accordance with relevant NSW guidelines;
- ability to successfully apply for Aboriginal heritage impact permits from the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills; and
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and relevant stakeholders.
- understanding of NSW historical heritage legislation and management;
- familiarity with GIS field and desktop applications;
- experience in Aboriginal stone artefact analysis; and
- regulator consultation.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Heritage EOI 0919“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close on Sunday 8 December 2019.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.