EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and some exciting project wins we have an excellent opportunity for a passionate Senior or Associate level Environmental Scientist/Planner/Engineer to join our growing team. This role is based in our Sydney office; however, we Newcastle is also a possibility. Our team members work collectively as part of our national team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders across the business. You will be part of a team working on environmental impact assessments and approvals strategies across a range of sectors, as well a variety of other projects such as the preparation of environmental management plans and compliance audits. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
The successful applicant will be a degree qualified Environmental Scientist/Planner or Engineer with 7+ years proven relevant experience ideally gained within a consultancy environment. They will be able to demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- proven experience in environmental management, assessment, approvals, auditing and monitoring;
- exposure to project management experience within the approvals area;
- a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- solid knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- ability to show initiative and be proactive;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- align with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements stated above, and dream of working in a professional high achieving team, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “ECAD SYD 1120“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close Monday 30 November 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.