At EMM our purpose is to create opportunities for our people, our clients and our community and our vision is to be the leading Australian consultancy for the natural and built environment. We are a collaborative team of highly capable and talented individuals working together in pursuit of our aspirations. We are now seeking expressions of interest from experienced and passionate Ecologists, to join us on either a casual or short-term contract basis.
We welcome applications from degree qualified Ecologists with proven relevant experience who can confidently demonstrate the following key competencies:
- completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
- preferable to have at least one year relevant experience (experience in ecological consulting will be viewed favourably);
- experience with undertaking ecological field surveys and data collection;
- competent plant/botany or animal identification skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
- have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
- have a fitness level where you are able to undertake fieldwork in remote areas, often involving long walks;
- have a current/valid unrestricted driver’s licence
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
At EMM our people are at the core of everything we do. We offer you the opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you meet the requirements of the position as stated above, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “Ecologist EOI 0622“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a full professional CV.
Applications close on Sunday 3 July 2022.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with different backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
At EMM we believe our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible work environment. All employees are required to adhere to EMM and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
All current and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment and may be discussed during the recruitment process.