At EMM our purpose is to create opportunities for our people, our clients and our community and our vision is to be the leading Australian consultancy for the natural and built environment. We are a collaborative team of highly capable and talented individuals working together in pursuit of our aspirations. Due to continued strong growth and a commitment to our team and our clients we are seeking passionate, inquisitive, and dedicated Early Career and Senior Social Planners and Social Scientists to join us on our journey. These positions can be offered on a part or full-time basis and preferably based out of our Sydney, Newcastle or Brisbane Offices.
In this position you will be a member of our Social Impact Assessment team where you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders and be part of a professional team. You will get to experience working on a range of interesting and rewarding projects nationally, within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture. EMM is also developing its portfolio of international projects with a focus on social performance in the mining sector.
You will work across sectors to develop and lead (senior) social impact assessments. This includes planning, undertaking desktop research, preparing and conducting surveys, stakeholder interviews and workshops, field visits, analysing data, assessing social impacts and preparing engaging reports.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and experienced professional social planner or social scientist with the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in planning, social science, evaluation or a related discipline;
- Range of one to six (minimum for senior) years relevant experience. Within a consultancy environment is preferred however not essential;
- Sound project management experience within the approvals area (for planners);
- Strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of social research and community engagement;
- High level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- Appreciation of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- Good client relationship experience and skills;
- Able to show initiative and be proactive;
- Highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- Sound judgement and initiative;
- Willingness to teach and mentor more junior team members (for Senior role) ;
- Ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader; and
- Aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
At EMM our management team and leaders are approachable and communication is authentic. You will learn every day and be empowered to develop and build your career.
At EMM our purpose is to create opportunities for our people, our clients and our community and our vision is to be the leading Australian consultancy for the natural and built environment. EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equity, and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
We welcome applications from people who meet the requirements of these roles as stated above. Please submit your application (CV and covering letter) via email to email@example.com quoting reference “SIA – 0522“.
Applications close Sunday 17 July 2022. Reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
At EMM we believe our employees should expect to come to work every day with the comfort and confidence that they are in the safest possible work environment. All employees are required to adhere to EMM and State and Federal Government COVID-safe practices and regulations.
All current and prospective employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a valid exemption. Proof of such vaccination will be a condition of employment and may be discussed during the recruitment process.