Due to strong growth and a commitment to our clients we have an opportunity for a forward thinking and energised Associate Water Resources Engineer/Consultant to join our team. Based in our Newcastle office you will be part of our national team of passionate industry leading water and environmental professionals who work together to solve big, meaty problems for our clients.
EMM offer the full range of planning and environment services to help clients with business ventures, from complex, multidisciplinary projects to straightforward opinion and advice. We investigate water resources, develop sustainable and resilient water supply and management strategies, and assess the potential impacts from proposed and operational projects.
In this position you will lead hydrological assessments and a range of water management related studies, providing key inputs to the development of water management strategies and surface water impact assessments in support of overarching environmental assessments. The role will include scoping, leading and undertaking the technical components of hydrological and surface water investigations such as rainfall, flow and flood analyses, flood modelling, flood mapping and risk assessments, water balance studies, integrated water resources management (IWRM) and surface water/stormwater management.
The successful applicant will work in mining, energy and renewables, water infrastructure, transport, waste management and general construction. At EMM we have a culture of collaboration, and we work seamlessly across offices and regions to develop teams on a best-for-project basis. This position is primarily an office-based role however there will be opportunities for field based (hands on) work across the country.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced campaigner who has well established networks and is eager to work alongside a team of likeminded water resource professionals. They will be able to demonstrate expertise in a combination of competencies from the list below:
- tertiary degree qualification in Hydrology, Civil/Environmental/Water Resources Engineering, Earth Sciences or related disciplines with a water focus;
- a minimum of twelve (12) years’ industry experience in hydrology/water engineering or a closely related field as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for mining or infrastructure projects;
- an established network of key industry, government, and subcontractor contacts;
- knowledge and experience across a variety of sectors, such as mining, infrastructure and construction;
- demonstrated track record of exceptional project management and delivery;
- conversant with State and Commonwealth legislation;
- excellent technical writing and review skills;
- outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability and desire to lead, coach and inspire others;
- experience with relevant hydrological, hydraulic and water balance modelling approaches and software packages;
- a strong scientific background and understanding of scientific and engineering principles;
- a valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history; and
- ability to manage own time and priorities and work collaboratively in a team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements as stated above and are looking to work within an organisation where your career can thrive and grow, please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “WR NTL 1121“. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter and full professional CV.
Applications close 15 December 2021. The reviewing of applications will commence immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.