EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth, and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
We currently have an opportunity for a highly experienced Contaminated Land professional, with 12+ years relevant experience, to join our national Contaminated Land Management (CLM) team. Based in our Brisbane office you will drive the advancement of our CLM business in Queensland and will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects locally and nationally in multiple industry sectors such as land development, urban infrastructure, transportation, Government, and mining.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and leading the management, resourcing and successful delivery of contaminated land projects;
- Supervising and mentoring our developing talent;
- Leading the preparation of winning bids/tenders;
- Leading the preparation of high quality, accurate and consistent technical reports;
- Data interpretation and analysis;
- Client liaison and business development; and
- Actively contributing to a positive team and business culture.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is driven to grow the team and business further through connections with key public and private clients and who is committed to delivering projects to meet our client’s expectations.
Key Selection Criteria include:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in environmental science, environmental engineering or related disciplines;
- A minimum of 12 years’ experience in contamination investigation site assessment, risk assessment and/or remediation, ideally gained from within a similar environmental consulting/engineering role;
- Ability to work within a high functioning virtual national team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
- A strong technical background and experience in resourcing, leading and delivering projects (including review of deliverables);
- Willingness to mentor staff;
- Recognised as a suitably qualified person (SQP) or have the qualifications and experience to be accredited as such;
- Solid experience on a wide range of project types for varied public (e.g. Government, Road, Rail) and private (e.g. Development, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aviation) clients;
- Demonstrated ability to target, win and complete projects on time and within budget;
- Good industry knowledge and contacts and strong business acumen;
- Solid data analysis, interpretation, and data presentation skills;
- Robust written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports; and
- Ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment.
In return, EMM offers the opportunity to guide and develop you with a rewarding career, support you with ongoing learning and development that will further enhance your talents and grow your abilities.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you meet the requirements of this role, as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “ASSCLM BNE 0620”. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter and CV. Applications close Sunday 19 July 2020.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
- Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
- Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au