EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. Currently, we are involved in the investigation and assessment of some of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia, including Snowy 2.0 and the proposed Dungowan and Mole River dams.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our team and our clients, we currently have an opportunity for an experienced Air Quality Consultant to join our team. This position is offered on a permanent, full-time basis, preferably based in our Sydney office however applicants in the broader Sydney, Central Coast and Newcastle areas will be considered.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with, and be mentored by, a team of air quality professionals with more than 70 years of air quality consulting experience . You will be part of a team working on a range of projects locally and nationally within different sectors, including transport, energy, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic, qualified air quality specialist with between 3 and 5 years of relevant experience, ideally gained within a consultancy environment, who can demonstrate the following:
• alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
• tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with certified air quality training courses desirable;
• 3+ years of air quality consultancy experience, with specific experience in infrastructure, mining and extractive and manufacturing projects being desirable;
• understanding of emission quantification techniques and procedures;
• expertise in meteorological data processing and modelling (minimum experience with AERMET and TAPM required, experience with WRF desirable);
• demonstrated practical experience with latest generation atmospheric dispersion models (a minimum demonstrated experience with AERMOD and CALPUFF required, certified training desirable);
• ability to collate and analyse large datasets using tools such as openair;
• experience with greenhouse gas emission quantification and assessment;
• experience with climate change analysis and adaptation viewed favourably;
• a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
• client relationship experience;
• highly organised with the ability to handle multiple projects;
• good interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
• sound judgement and initiative; and
• a current/valid unrestricted drivers licence.
EMM is committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity in its workplace. We understand that everyone’s personal circumstances vary, and recognise the importance of offering flexibility in working arrangements for our people. We offer the ability to purchase additional annual leave, promote flexible work hours and foster working from home arrangements to ensure that we attract and retain a diverse and dynamic workforce.
If you meet the requirements for this position as stated above, and dream of working in a professional high achieving team, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “AQ SYD 1220“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter and a full professional CV.
Applications close Friday 15 January 2021. Reviewing of applications will begin immediately.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
• Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
• Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
To learn more about EMM please visit our website, www.emmconsulting.com.au.