EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focused on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to continued strong growth and a commitment to our team and our clients we have an opportunity for a Senior Social Scientist to join our Social Impact Assessment team. This position is offered on a full-time basis and will be based in our Sydney office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders and be part of a professional team working on a range of interesting and rewarding projects nationally. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and experienced professional social scientist with the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary degree qualifications in social science or a related discipline;
- minimum of six years relevant experience (ideally gained within a consultancy environment);
- sound project management experience within the approvals area;
- a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of social research and community engagement;
- a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- an appreciation of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- good client relationship experience and skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to teach and mentor more junior team members;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to email@example.com. Please quote reference “ECAD SIA 08/19“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close Monday, 30 September 2019.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.