EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and some exciting projects we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Ecologist to join our team.
This role will be based in our Sydney (St Leonards) office. The role will include office based work including report writing, proposal preparation and various team requirements and will also include field work across NSW with the possibility of some project work in other states including some remote locations.
The successful candidate will be able to confidently demonstrate the following:
– completion of a degree in ecology or a related discipline;
– five years plus of post graduate experience (experience in ecological consulting will be viewed favourably);
– strong experience with undertaking ecological field survey;
– strong plant/botany identification skills;
– NSW Biodiversity Assessment method (BAM) accreditation (or be in the process of obtaining);sound understanding of impact assessment in accordance with the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999;
– high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
– ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
– be able to show initiative and be proactive;
– highly organised and able to handle multiple projects;
– good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
– willingness to supervise and mentor junior professionals;
– have a strong work ethic and positive will do attitude;
– be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
– have a current/valid unrestricted NSW driver’s licence
– the ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader; and
– aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Senior Ecologist SYD 0918“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close on 30 August 2019.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.