EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focused on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our team and clients we have an opportunity for an experienced Hydrogeologist to join our expanding water team in either our Sydney or Newcastle office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a passionate team working on a range of projects including environmental impact assessments, preparation of environmental management plans, compliance audits, water balances and mine dewatering and disposal studies. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including transport, energy, mining and extractive industries, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
Whilst the role will be based in either Sydney or Newcastle, there will be opportunities to work on interstate and international projects (Asia Pacific). This position involves a substantial amount of field based (hands on) work.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who is able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects. The right attitude is essential for this role. The perfect candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibit the ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
Key Selection Criteria and skills are as follows:
– Ability to work within a team and in alignment with EMM’s culture, values and vision;
– Tertiary degree qualifications in geoscience/geology/hydrogeology or related disciplines such as environmental engineering or environmental science with a water focus;
– A minimum of three years’ experience in either Hydrogeology or Exploration Geology as either a consultant or in an industry capacity for potential mining/road infrastructure clients;
– Experience in hydrogeologic analysis and interpretation – ability to analyse data and translate into solutions;
– Capability to undertake fieldwork, including but not limited to drilling supervision and water sampling;
– A strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental and groundwater impact assessments;
– A valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history (4WD experience is an advantage);
– Competency in the use of relevant industry software (e.g. Excel, GIS, Surfer, Logplot, data management systems, pumping test analysis, ESdat);
– Experience on a wide range of project types for varied public (e.g. Council, Government, Road, Rail) and private (e.g. Development, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aviation) clients;
– An appreciation of relevant NSW and Commonwealth legislation;
– Demonstrated ability to target, win and complete projects on time;
– Strong technical writing and communication skills – ability to write and present technical reports;
– Ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
– A willingness to learn and be mentored; and
– Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and other software as applicable to the individual role;
In return, EMM offers the opportunity to guide and develop you with a rewarding career, support you with ongoing learning and development that will further enhance your talents and grow your abilities.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “HYDRO NSW 0619″. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter, CV and a copy of your qualifications/transcripts. Applications close 30 August 2019.
– EMM is an equal opportunity employer.
– Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
– Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au