EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of a company who are committed and focused on innovation and smart solutions.
EMM is the lead environmental and approvals specialists firm carrying out assessments to deliver the planning and environmental approvals for Snowy 2.0, Australia’s largest engineering project. Due to continued strong growth and a commitment to our team and our clients we have multiple opportunities for EIA/approvals specialists (senior level) to join our Environment Assessment & Management team in our Sydney office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders across the business. You will be part of a team working on environmental impact assessments and approvals strategies across a range of sectors, as well a variety of other projects such as the preparation of environmental management plans and compliance audits. You will have the opportunity to work within different sectors including mining and extractive industries, energy, transport, infrastructure, land development and agriculture.
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic individuals who can demonstrate skills, appropriate to their years of experience, in the following:
- a degree in environmental planning, science, engineering or related discipline;
- minimum of six years technical experience (preferably within a consultancy environment);
- demonstrated project management experience within the approvals area;
- a strong level of knowledge and commitment to the principles of environmental assessment;
- a high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- strong knowledge of relevant State and Commonwealth legislation;
- good client relationship experience and skills;
- be able to show initiative and be proactive;
- a highly organised approach and the ability to handle multiple projects;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and all relevant stakeholders;
- sound judgement and initiative;
- a willingness to teach and mentor more junior team members;
- the ability to be an enthusiastic team player and leader; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “EIA SYD 0819“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close Friday 30 August 2019.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer. Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.