EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes. EMM is the lead environmental and approvals specialists firm carrying out assessments to deliver the planning and environmental approvals for Snowy 2.0, Australia’s largest engineering project
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focussed on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to expand our heritage team, we have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced heritage/archaeological consultant to join our team based in Sydney.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects in Aboriginal, historical and built heritage sectors, both field and office based. You will be involved in managing and implementing projects and preparing proposals, liaising with clients and the community as well as your colleagues at EMM. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate the following:
- an honours degree majoring in archaeology;
- minimum of 2 years in archaeological consulting or industry/sector experience;
- sound skills in investigating, assessing and managing Aboriginal archaeological sites in accordance with relevant NSW guidelines;
- ability to successfully apply for Aboriginal heritage impact permits from the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment;
- high level of clear written and oral communication skills;
- ability to research, prepare documentation and draw conclusions to support recommendations for review;
- good interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise with the team, clients and relevant stakeholders;
- a strong work ethic;
- be proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- have a current valid unrestricted drivers’ licence; and
- aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision.
- understanding of NSW historical heritage legislation and management;
- familiarity with GIS field and desktop applications;
- experience in Aboriginal stone artefact analysis; and
- regulator consultation.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a highly positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “Heritage SYD 0919“. To have your application considered it must include a tailored covering letter addressing the required key criteria and a full professional CV. Applications close on Sunday 17 November 2019.
EMM is an equal opportunity employer.
Only those with a legal right to work in Australia will be considered for this opportunity.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.