EMM Consulting Pty Limited (EMM) is a leading employee-owned planning and environment consultancy, working throughout Australia and internationally from offices in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne.
EMM is led by highly experienced professionals who are leaders in their fields, with a number having held senior national or international positions. They are supported by a talented team from a range of disciplines. Our skills are combined to help clients achieve their objectives in ways that contribute to sustainable outcomes.
Our goal is to “create opportunities” for you, the business and our clients. We want to help you achieve your career goals and aspirations by supporting you with ongoing learning and development and industry memberships. You will also be part of company who are committed and focused on innovation and smart solutions.
Due to strong growth and a commitment to our team and clients we have an opportunity for an environmental consultant to join our Water and Land team in Victoria.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and be mentored by industry leaders. You will be part of a team working on a range of projects locally and nationally in multiple industry sectors such as land development, urban infrastructure, transportation and mining. You will have the opportunity to work within and grow your career in the fields of contaminate land environmental assessment and remediation.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
– Field support (including soil, groundwater and soil vapour monitoring, supervision of drilling programs including groundwater well installations);
– Assisting in the preparation of winning bids/tenders;
– Assisting in the preparation of accurate and consistent technical reports;
– Data interpretation and analysis; and
– Delivery of projects on time and on budget.
Skills & Experience:
In addition to the key responsibilities above, the ideal candidate will be able be able to work autonomously on projects but also be a key member of the team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
The right attitude is essential for this role. The perfect candidate will be a dynamic, flexible and fast-learning individual with initiative who possesses strong communication skills, and exhibit the ability to work effectively with staff, contractors, and clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
This role will be based in our Melbourne office. The role will require field work across a number of sites within Melbourne with the possibility of some project work in other states (Including supporting the Sydney office with groundwater monitoring programs).
Key Selection Criteria are as follows:
– Tertiary degree qualifications in environmental science or environmental engineering and the legal right to work in Australia;
– A valid Driver’s Licence and excellent driving history; and
– Between 2-4 years of experience in similar environmental consulting/engineering roles;
– Experience on a wide range of project types for varied public (e.g. Council, Government, Road, Rail, etc.) and private (e.g. Development, Industrial, Manufacturing, Aviation, etc.) clients;
– Demonstrated ability to target, win and complete projects on time;
– Good industry knowledge and contacts;
– Strong data analysis, interpretation, and data presentation skills;
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in the preparation of technical reports;
– Ability to manage own time and priorities and assist the rest of the team to meet project objectives in a deadline driven work environment;
– Strong skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and
– Ability to work both within a team aligns with EMM’s culture, values and vision
In return, EMM offers the opportunity to guide and develop you with a rewarding career, support you with ongoing learning and development that will further enhance your talents and grow your abilities.
EMM offers you an opportunity to work with passionate professionals in an environment with a very positive and inclusive culture. We are highly committed to our staff, clients and the community.
If you believe that you meet the requirements as stated above, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference “CL MLB 0319“. To have your application considered it MUST INCLUDE a tailored covering letter, CV and a copy of your qualifications/transcripts. Applications close Monday, 18 March 2019.
– EMM is an equal opportunity employer.
– Only those with a legal right to work in Australia may apply.
– Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
For more information about EMM please visit our website www.emmconsulting.com.au